We encourage children to participate in our worship services, but we do also provide a Nursery for young children. Our Nursery is staffed by volunteers from our church and is designed to be a safe and loving environment where children can begin to know and love Jesus Christ as their Savior.
We have three nursery rooms, one for Infants (0-1 Year), one is for movers/toddlers that are not potty trained, and one for toddlers that are potty trained.
If you plan to have your child cared for in the Nursery, we encourage you to read the following information and to do your part to help us provide a safe and loving environment for your child.
Our Nursery Caregivers are all members and regular attenders of First Presbyterian Church. All those who serve have read and agreed to comply with our Nursery Guidelines for Caregivers.
Our Nursery rooms are available each Sunday for the following activities:
- Sunday School (10-10:45am): We offer one nursery room for children up to 1 Year Old. Sunday School classes are provided for children who are 2 Years Old through 12th Grade.
- Morning Worship (11am – Noon): We offer three nursery rooms, one for Infants (0-1 Year), one is for movers/toddlers that are not potty trained, and one for toddlers that are potty trained.
- Evening Worship (6-7pm): We offer one Nursery room for children up to 3 Years Old. Classes are provided for children who are 4 Years Old through 12th Grade.
Dropping Off and Picking Up Your Child
To ensure that your child is safe and well cared for in the Nursery, we ask that you observe the following practices when dropping off and picking up your child.
- Signing-In: Please sign-in your child at their appropriate nursery room by completing the information on the clipboard provided. For security purposes, one of the Nursery Caregivers will give you a laminated number card that corresponds to the number on your child’s name tag. Your child will not be released from the Nursery until the card is returned to a Nursery Caregiver.
- Labeling: Please use the labels provided to write a name tag for your child and label any bags or bottles.
- Signing-Out: Please sign-out your child by returning your laminated number card to a Nursery Caregiver. We do ask that you pick-up your child immediately following each activity, and that you as a parent be the one to pick-up your child unless an alternate plan is discussed with the Nursery Caregivers.
Unless they are an infant, your child will be offered a small snack of animal crackers, Goldfish crackers and water. If for any reason your child should not eat the snack provided, please inform the Nursery Caregivers.
The Nursery is designed to be a safe and healthy environment where children and Nursery Caregivers are not exposed to any recent infectious illness. To this end, the Nursery rooms and toys will be cleaned and disinfected weekly. We also ask that you keep your child out of the Nursery if you observe any of the following symptoms in the 24 hours prior to their time in the Nursery: fever (99.6 degrees or higher), vomiting, diarrhea, discharge in or around the eyes, excessive coughing, discolored runny nose, or a questionable rash.
If your child becomes sick while in the Nursery or their health is a concern, you will be informed immediately.
Serving as a Caregiver
If you are a member or regular attender of First Presbyterian Church and your child participates in the Nursery, we do ask that you volunteer to serve as a Nursery Caregiver. You should expect to serve once every 4-6 weeks.
If you plan to serve as a Nursery Caregiver, please be sure to read and comply with our Nursery Guidelines for Caregivers.
If you have any additional questions or concerns related to the Nursery, please contact TempleFennell, the Administrative Assistant at First Presbyterian Church. You may e-mail her at email@example.com or call the church office at 912-330-9415.